Saturday, November 15, 2014

Casket Ale V1.1 (Mosaic SMASH) Pre-Carbonation Taste Test





Appearance:
I have crash chilled for 2 days at 2c but the beer is still pretty cloudy, maybe should chill for longer next batch or use gelatin. The beer is quite light but with a peach/orange appearance.

Aroma:
The aroma of the beer straight off the bat is much more pronounced, I get Lemon meringue/peach/mango with a bit of juicy fruit bubble gum. A sweet malt is there but the hops are the more dominant. The nose is great, it should get better as the brew is a bit cold, the beer has just come out of the fermentor at 2c.

Flavour:
The taste of the beer is very much hop dominate. The flavours of the hops mirror the aroma, with but with a more peach/passion fruit. Very refreshing and will be great on a hot day, reminds me of a tropical fruit punch.

Mouthfeel:
I can't really say much about the mouthfeel, as the carbonation will help the body of the beer. What I can say is that it is very smooth, more on the light side. Very easy drinking!

Overall:
So far I am pretty happy with the beer, once it has carbonated a bit I think it will be better, with the carbonation helping the body and the aroma of the beer. I am still holding judgment if the brewing salts worked but I think it's safe to say I am going to be adding brewing salts to all my beers from now on.
This is a thirst quencher of a beer, reminiscent of tropical fruit punch fruit juice than a beer, which might cause some issues on a hot summers day when you hit quite a few back.

No comments:

Post a Comment